SMART Boards and Sympodiums are available in several classrooms on campus. This page contains some resources to help instructors use the technology effectively.
SMART Boards are available in several classrooms on campus. These interactive whiteboards help instructors bring more collaboration and interactivity into the classroom. SMART Sympodiums offer similar advantages in a tablet-like form factor.
Swift 109 - General Classroom, Lower Floor
Swift 111 - General Classroom, Lower Floor
Swift 112 - General Classroom, Lower Floor
Swift 204 - Tiered Classroom with Hide-Away Computer Desks, Upper Floor
Swift 218 - Language Lab with Collaborative Desks, Upper Floor
Swift 228 - General Classroom, Upper Floor
DEF 202 - Continuing Education Classroom
Multipurpose 012 - Wildlife Classroom, Lower Floor
Multipurpose 107 - Physical Therapy Classroom, Upper Floor
Training and Information Links
Tips For Smart Board Use
- Wait 30 seconds or so before attempting to log into a lab computer after waking the computer from sleep.
- To capture an image from the document camera onto the SMART Board, click the button from inside the SMART Notebook software.
- If the computer image is off-center on the SMART Board, try using the podium touch panel to change the SMART Board source to DVD and then back to PC again. This should allow the SMART Board to readjust to your desktop's resolution.
- When writing on the board with a SMART pen, you can erase a mistake quickly using the side of your hand, just as you might do on a dry-erase board. But be careful, sometimes a baggie shirt sleeve can erase your writing accidentally.
- Information Technology - General
- IT Home
- Contact Us
- Access Account Form (PSU AccessID)
- Audio Visual Support
- Digital Signage
- Free Stuff
- Identity Finder (PII)
- Listserv Email Lists
- Malware and Phishing
- DreamSpark Downloads
- PSUAlert (Emergency Text Alerts)
- IBM Endpoint Manager
- SPAM Quarantine Overview
- Training and Tutorials
- Wireless 2.0 and Visitor Wireless
- Student Computer Labs
- Additional Penn State IT Resources
- Faculty & Staff
- Faculty & Staff Home
- Academic Calendar (Univeristy-Wide)
- Janet M. Burns Award
- Disability Services for Students
- Information Technology
- Master Calendar & Events
- Maintenance Request
- News & Events
- Penn State University Faculty Handbook
- Professional Development
- Renovations on Campus
- Teaching Resources