The time has arrived to nominate faculty members for the Penn State DuBois Adjunct Educator of the Year Award. The purpose of the award is to encourage excellence in teaching.
PENN STATE DUBOIS ADJUNCT EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR AWARD 2012-13 NOMINATION FORM
All nominees must be Adjunct (part time) Faculty members during the Summer 2012, Fall 2012 or Spring 2013 semesters. On the bottom of this form is a list of eligible adjunct faculty for the 2012-2013 Award.
Please describe your nominee’s qualifications in the 'Additional Comments' section. Your nomination should include a section on classroom performance and one out-of-classroom activity. A suggested format is listed below.
The award winner will be chosen based on the number and quality of nominations received. Please provide specific examples for as many of the criteria listed below as possible.
Forms must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on April 5, 2013. To help you in your nomination, we suggest you answer the questions below in the 'Additional Comments' section:
- Describe how the educator motivates and interests students. Give examples of how he/she establishes rapport by showing enthusiasm, compassion, and respect for the students.
- Describe how the educator inspires the students to a high level of achievement. Give examples of how his/her students learn the course material and how to think critically. Describe how she/he excels at lecturing, leading discussion, conducting labs, and/or correcting assignments..
- Describe how the educator may offer extra educational instruction on their subject matter before or after scheduled class period.
You must fill in your name, address, phone number, and email for the nomination to be considered. All nominations are confidential.
Submissions must be received. by April 5, 2013.
List of Eligible Adjunct Faculty for 2012-2013
Clifton Meeker II
Colleen Mortimer (UP)
- Student Life
- Student Life Home
- Athletics & Fitness
- Calendars & Events
- Clubs & Organizations
- Commuting to Campus
- Cultural, Performing Arts, and Lecture Series
- Leadership Development
- Student Government Association (SGA)
- Share a Ride Board
- Special Offers
- Student Life Brochures
- Student Policies
- Student Union
- Where to Live
- Contact Us