Coming to the United States for your college education is probably one of the most influential steps you'll ever make in your life.
The process of being admitted to an American university is time-consuming, complicated, and sometimes intimidating--especially if you've never traveled outside of your home country before. At Penn State DuBois we work very closely with you to make sure you have all the support, resources and skills you'll need to achieve your academic goals. Penn State DuBois is one of fifteen campuses across the state that are recommended for international students. Our intimate campus setting guarantees you personal attention and support, and our experience with studying and living abroad ensures you can always talk to someone who understands your unique needs as an international student.
Tharren Thompson is the International Student Services Coordinator for Penn State DuBois. A native of the DuBois area, he has traveled extensively and has had opportunity to live and work in India and the U.K. He has experience with applying for visas, immigrating to a new country and learning to get around in a new culture and a new language. From meeting you at the airport when you arrive in Pennsylvania to helping you arrange for housing, banking and shopping, Tharren will personally assist you in making the transition to studying and living in DuBois. You may contact him anytime at email@example.com, by phone at (814) 372-3043, or on Skype at tharren.thompson.
Check out the links below for more information about studying as an international student at Penn State DuBois:
The Office of Global Programs (OGP) is your main resource for questions about maintaining your visa status, getting a PA driver's license or Social Security Card, employment regulations for international students,travel information, tax regulations for international students, and more.
There are many cost-effective and conveniently-located housing options for international students. Whether you are looking for your own apartment, a house shared by other Penn State students, or even a room in a family home, there are many ways to meet your housing needs in the area. Click here for an interactive map of the housing available around campus as well as contact information for landlords and owners.
ABOUT THE DUBOIS AREAOne of the most valuable parts of your Penn State DuBois experience is your ability to receive a world-class Penn State education in a safe, welcoming community. Click on the links below to get to know the benefits of living in DuBois while earning your Penn State degree:
- Visit Clearfield County - This site is a good introduction to the area of Pennsylvania where we are located, and has lots of information on things to do and see while you study here.
- City of DuBois - First settled in 1812, the historic city of DuBois has been home to our Penn State campus for over 75 years, and remains an excellent place to live and study.
Click on the links below to learn more about how to get around in the DuBois area:
- University Park Airport Located approximately one hour from DuBois, University Park Airport (IATA: SCE) is the recommended airport for international students' final arrival destination for coming to Penn State DuBois. The airport offers a daily selection of flights to several major hubs such as Detroit, Philadelphia, and Washington/Dulles with convenient connecting flights from there.
- Fullington Trailways A regional bus service providing transportation to and from DuBois to points across Central Pennsylvania, with connections to other bus carriers to any place in the US. Check the site for special arrangements and schedules for Penn State students.
- DuFast Transit Maps, fares, and schedule information for DuBois' bus service.
Banking, healthcare, shopping--here are some examples of places to go to get what you need while you are in DuBois.
Looking for something about Penn State DuBois and the DuBois area that you can't find on this page? Get in touch with us, and we'll be glad to help!
- Admissions Home
- Academic Programs
- Adult Learners
- Apply to Penn State
- Course Catalog
- Course Schedule
- Financial Aid
- First Year Students
- International Students
- Opportunities to Visit Campus
- Programs for High School Students (Jump Start)
- Request Information
- Transfer Students
- Tuition and Costs
- Undergraduate Admissions at University Park
- Visit Us
- Where to Live
- 2+2 Plan