Penn State DuBois Students in our engineering lab in the new and beautiful DuBois Educational Foundation (DEF) building. Approximately one in fifty engineers in the United States has earned a degree from Penn State.Engineering Majors dominate the list of college degrees that pay the highest salaries to new college graduates (National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE))
The General Engineering program provides students with a broad foundation in engineering with specialization in a technically and professionally relevant topic. From this degree program, students will acquire the ability to work as members of a team toward successful attainment of a common goal, thus preparing them to work in for-profit or nonprofit organizations, or to further their studies in graduate school. Typical employment for General Engineering graduates includes positions such as engineer, product engineer, process engineer, manufacturing engineer, development engineer, and materials engineer. With employment opportunities such as these and others, graduates of the General Engineering program can attain professional and economically sustaining employment in their desired regional area. This degree program develops written and oral communication skills, culminating in a two-semester senior design course sequence consisting of a project based largely on student interest and faculty input.
The educational objectives of the General Engineering program are designed to prepare graduates who, during the first few years of professional practice will
- Be employed by industry or government in the fields, such as, design, research and development, experimentation and testing, manufacturing, and technical sales.
- Assume an increasing level of responsibility and leadership within their respective organizations.
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively in multidisciplinary and multicultural work environments.
- Recognize and understand global, environmental, social, and ethical contexts of their work.
- Progress to an advanced degree and certificate programs and be committed to lifelong learning to enhance their careers and provide flexibility in responding to changing social and technical environments.
The General Engineering program provides students with a broad foundation in engineering where graduates can obtain positions such as engineer, product engineer, process engineer, manufacturing engineer, development engineer, and materials engineer.
Engineering Credit Certificates offered at Penn State DuBois
Links for Prospective Students
- General Engineering Applied Materials Baaccalaureate Degree